Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does GLRSA player registration cost?
A: Registration is $50 per player across all divisions (U5-U18).
Q: Where and/or what day of the week will my child have practice?
A: Team coaches will determine the days, times, and locations of practices.
- Your child's coach will let you know what day, time, and location of practice. GLRSA also maintains a schedule of practices on GLRSA fields. Directions to GLRSA fields.
- In some cases, coaches may choose to practice at non-GLRSA locations. GLRSA does not keep a list of those practice schedules. Please contact your child's coach for information.
- Most teams practice 2 days per week for 1 hour each.
Q. When and where will games be played?
A. Games are played at Cat Park, Davidson Fields, and ECC. See our Fields page for more information.
- Games are primarily played on Saturdays, with the occasional Friday night or Sunday afternoon game. Sunday games start at 1:00 pm or after.
- GLRSA may change game locations due to schedule changes or field needs. Regularly check the Game Schedule on glrsa.org or in the GLRSA smartphone app.
Q. Can I request that my child play on a certain team?
A. Yes, within our registration form you can request a particular coach or friend. However, we cannot guarantee all requests.
Q. What if my child decides not to play and I want a refund?
A. Regardless of the reason, we have a no-refund policy.
Q. What is provided with the registration fee?
A. A game shirt is provided with the registration fee, and will be handed out by your child's coach by the first game.
Q. What additional equipment will my child need?
A. Shin guards are required. A soccer ball and cleats are recommended. Socks that can cover the shin guards are required.
- Cleats may not have a toe cleat (baseball and softball cleats have a toe cleat)
- Your coach may ask if you would like your child's name and number added to the jersey. This is a small additional cost and is optional.
- Your child may wear shorts or athletic pants. In the event of inclement weather, warmer clothes may be worn as long as the jersey is the top layer.
Q. What size soccer ball does my child need?
A. Soccer ball sizes will change based on age groups:
- U5 & U6: Size 3
- U7 through U12: Size 4
- U14 & U18: Size 5
Q. How are teams put together?
A. We roster by school within high school districts to the best of our ability, while taking into account the need to balance the number of kids on each time (minimum and maximum roster sizes), special requests, and late registrations.
Q. Where do I sign up to coach a team?
A. Locate the registration link on our home page.
Q. If I have questions or concerns during the season, who should I contact?
A. Please email us at email@example.com.