GLRSA Code of Conduct
We, the coaches and proud parents/relatives of a GLRSA soccer player, promise to be a model coach and/or spectator at GLRSA sponsored practices/games in which our son/daughter/relative is a participant.
- Make the GLRSA experience enjoyable for all participants. Encourage fair play.
- Promote the emotional & physical well-being of all players, and not show favoritism for my own child.
- Ensure all players receive equal playing time, according to GLRSA policy.
- Not allow individuals to participate in GLRSA sanctioned games that are not registered with GLRSA and/or not listed on the team's official roster.
- Not touch any of the players in a manner that could be construed as unseemly and/or violent in nature, nor will I allow such conduct from any player or other coaches on the team.
- Not use profane language, use tobacco, or drink alcohol.
- Cheer in a positive manner for all players, regardless of which team they represent.
- Not criticize the performance of my child or his/her teammates.
- Not criticize the opponents of our team.
- No embarrass my own player by my behavior.
- Allow the coaches to do the coaching, and coaches will conduct themselves in a positive manner.
- Respect the calls of the referees. When discussing a call, I will do so in a manner that reflects positively on me, the kids, and GLRSA. There is to be no coercing of a referee to change their call.
- Display good sportsmanship as a positive example for my player.
- I will not use any fields or equipment that are deemed unsafe or hazardous. I will report dangerous conditions to GLRSA immediately, especially unanchored goals.
- Know and adhere to GLRSA policy for severe weather and lightning conditions.
I further understand that I will not only represent my player, but also the team and the sport of soccer and will conduct myself accordingly. We understand that the Coach and the other parents/relatives of the team will hold us accountable for our actions and behavior. We further understand that GLRSA will monitor our behavior and will take appropriate action to uphold our Code of Conduct. We also understand that we are to be held to GLRSA and are subject to ejection and suspension by the organization.